Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Style at Home Special: Meredith Heron Design

Happy Wednesday!  You've read my feature in the Style at Home magazine and my behind the scene footage last week.  Today, I would love to share with you another beautiful home I adore in the April Issue of Style at Home: Color me bright with Meredith Heron.  

I love checking out homes of the designers for one big reason.  Yes, the talented designers can design the most amazing spaces for their clients and sure the final product usually reveals the designers' sense of style, aesthetics, and signature touches.  Now that's precisely my point: these spaces are for the clients, not for designers themselves.  The only way to find out what the designers' absolute favourite colors, patterns, and textures are is to see what they have done in their own homes.

Meredith of Meredith Heron Design is a super talented designer who is fun, charismatic, and with a larger than life personality.  Don't believe me? Check out the home she shares with her husband and her cutie pie, Luke.  


I am absolutely crazy about her living room and I simply cannot get over her bold, luxurious navy blue embroidery drapes!!  Great minds think alike: Meredith is also in love with brass and has paired her drapes with golden curtain rod, and a faux bamboo chandelier for an extra shot of Hollywood glam.  Yours truly happen to have the same faux bamboo chandelier ... So glad I picked it up on my road trip!

The blue and gold palette comes to life with the hits of pomegranate ... and check out those stools! Gorgeous nailhead details with a whimsy coral motif: also one of my personal favourite approach to breath new life into vintage pieces.  Speaking of vintage pieces, it is hard to believe the sofa, the stools and the two drop-deadly stunning armchairs were all treasures from eBay!  Meredith, I need to know the key words you use for your search!

My heart skips a beat when I saw Meredith's dining room.  The strikingly beautiful murano glass chandelier, the trio fabrics application on the chairs, the calming yet dramatic gallery wall, and the polka dot table cloth: where do I begin?


For her master retreat, Meredith picks a deep, rich, black grey to wrap around the room.  Light and airy silk drapery panels are installed to balance the dark wall color ... not to mention the touch of luxury.  To inject feminine quality to the space, Meredith has her bed upholstered in light muted pink and my favourite element of the room: the two decorative pillows with pink floral accentuated by black ribbon borders.  As for an unexpected twist in this space, the turquoise night stands with brass hardware.  I so didn't think of pairing turquoise with this black & pink color palette but it absolutely works!!      


Thanks Style at Home for sharing Meredith's gorgeous Victorian home with us.  The feature is certainly a treat to me as you all know I'm obsessed with patterns and colors.  Big thank you to Meredith for this great case study and I have learned a lot from your 15 Q&As:

"Paint color is the last choice for a space because all of the other elements should be in place.  Don't design your room around a $40 can of paint." 

Now that you have seen Meredith's place in "Print", don't you want to see it "Live"? Thanks to The Steven and Chris show, Meredith is taking all of us for a private tour of her gorgeous home, along with shopping tips on eBay. Check this out!

 

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this issue of Style At Home Tim! Between your colourful condo, Meridith's eclectic Victorian home and Debbie Travis' cute London cottage, I was drooling non-stop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see you and Meridith in the same issue! Wish we had this magazine over here in the UK so I could read cover to cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will have to send one to you Will!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful color palette and amazing ebay finds. Everything looks so high-end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Amy - all three places worked so perfectly together in this issue. I looooooove those blue drapes. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisa.. . those drapes are my favs too!

      Delete
  5. LOVED seeing more of Meredith's stunning home in this issue- adore every inch of her place...was also overjoyed to open up the issue and see your amazing apartment- the wallpaper in your dining room leaves me breathless- your whole place is so chic Tim!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XOXOXO Christine!! I can't wait to see yours too! Now I need to work out a time with you for me to come for a visit :)

      Delete