Monday, March 12, 2012

Store Alert: HomeSense March 2012

Happy Tuesday!  Sorry I'm a little behind on my "Monday Post" as this weird cough returned and I ended up in bed for a couple of days.  To make it up to you all, this HomeSense report is filled with gorgeous pieces (at very affordable prices I may add) that will for sure trigger a "START THE CAR!!" moment.

To kick start my shopping bible at HomeSense, let's check out this beauty in a grey ash finish, with asian inspired feets and dynamite hardware.  If anyone is looking for a well-constructed and amazingly stylish media console that can stand the test of time, this is it!  For only $799, you can't go wrong with that price.  All you need is a one of these smart systems and your PVR + DVD player will live happily ever after behind close doors.      


Now if you like what you see but hope it is a bedside table instead, well today is your lucky day! I've found a pair of them in white washed ash.  I am personally not a big fan of this finish but hey, nothing a trip to the sprayer can't fix.  The polished chrome hardware on the side table has me craving for more and check out what I've found!  This stool/cocktail table is perfect for any young ladies or adding a touch of glamour and feminine quality to a posh living room.

Who says the furniture pieces at HomeSense are only "so-so"? Here are a few superb pieces with exceptional craftsmanship, equipped with the hinge touch dimmer switch technology, and they are from Thomasville furniture!!!  


I'm crazy about the panel details and these hardware in antique pewter.


You all know I have a soft spot for chairs and here are a couple of soft upholstered occasional chairs with my favourite detail of the moment: diamond tufting upholstery.  Of course I also dig the nailheads and contrasting pipping details.  These two neutral pieces work well for both sexes and will up the elegant factor in any spaces.    


For a living/dining room project I'm currently working on (you will read more about it soon), I'm looking for a couple of statement arm chairs at the heads of the table.  This faux bamboo number is well-priced and the seat upholstery is firmed.  I'm not crazy about the metallic turquoise but again, it is an easy fix.  For a sleek, contemporary statement, this black glossy beauty inspired by the iconic ghost chair by Philippe Starck clearly made the cut.         
   

For the rest of the dining parties, how about this gorgeous upholstered chair in coral + white damask? To strike a modern dining experience, this nature inspired chair also mingos well with the great outdoor!  Now isn't it perfect to pair this "red forest" with our black ghost chair for an ultra chic and low maintenance patio solution?  I love how these two red chairs are similar in hue, equally vibrant & intense, and yet distinctively different in personality and design era.  

A new condo project also has me paying attention to headboard and man, did you just see what I spotted? I have nothing more to say but $399 and perfectly sold (sadly not to me).  Nancy (my girl at HomeSense) ... I thought you were supposed to call me when an incredible piece like this gets in store!


If you find the diamond tufting detail and the shape of the above headboard a little too feminine, well guys, check out this wing-back inspired headboard with oil rubbed bronze nailhead in textile velvet for only $299!! HomeSense is practically giving away these headboards for free I'm telling you!  Just for your reference, yours truly had his headboard custom made for almost $900 + fabric some years ago.


A couple more jaw-dropping headboards that caught my eyes ,and man I wish I have a spare bedroom!

One of my must-checks at HomeSense is the rug section.  You may not find what you are looking for all the time but when you do, you score BIG!  Don't believe me? See for yourself!  Mod black & white polka dot or a whimsical interpretation of a traditional rug, the choice is yours.  As for myself, they are both coming home with me.    

Determined to offer the look for less, these two rugs remind me of the trendy and expensive second life rugs.  I heart the playful postcard on the left and the faded purple number on the right.  The "postcard" will live happily in a bedroom project.


It is going to be 21C on Thursday so why not start planning for the patio season? The graphic red & white rug and the leafy number in mossy green are ideal to inspire a delicious color palette for outdoor living.    


This chocolate brown embroidered rug with off-white bird & forest motif has my heart kipped a beat.  The quality of this rug is exceptional, the detail on the embroidery is impeccable, and this 5x7 master piece is only $199!

Never thought I would find a hide rug at HomeSense but here it is for only $249 and check out this amazing drift wood table with a well made chrome base.  Aren't these two the perfect couple to brighten any contemporary spaces?


Opting for a piece of furniture with load of personality and textile interest? Here is an amazing side table (just add a glass top) that is truly a conversation piece. 


A couple of lamp options for your fabulous living room or sumptuous master retreat.  First up, lucite lamp with the most stunningly beautiful frosted coral motif on the base.  Love it ... just absolutely love it.  


Option 2 is a pair of glass (or maybe crystal) lamps from Ralph Lauren Home for class, decadence, and luxury.  Best of all, they are only $169 a piece.      

I am always on a look out for incredible mirrors.  Here are two drop-dead gorgeous mirrors that are unbelievably stylish (I have seen them in TV show or high end showroom) and they are only $249 each! 

Speaking about reflective surfaces, this tall and narrow storage unit reminds me of South Beach ... so is this creamy white vase with the shell motif.   

I know I don't talk about bedroom accessories much but the easiest way to update a bathroom is through accessories.  You can imagine my reaction when I saw these soft, puffy towels in trendy pattern, bee embroidery, and polka dot towels Kate Spade.  Amazing jumping off points for a bathroom makeover.


Since we are on the topic of crazy deals at HomeSense, check out these beautiful bowls and fine bone china plates by Prouna.  The luxe purple box got my attention and so I did a quick google search.  See that cute as a button deer candle box? The collection is called Leto and the gold you see there is actually 24kt gold!  I also picked up these Japanese inspired plates for the dining room project I have been hinting all the way along.  Can't wait to show you more!



On the note of new projects, check out some of the items I sourced at HomeSense as hints of what you  will see soon enough here at DesignMaze. 

To wrap up this version of HomeSense special, remember this amazing photo of my dining room by Donna Griffith in the April Issue of Style at Home?  This lamp by Jonathan Adler was brought in by Anne Marie for the photo shoot.  I love the elegant and organic shape of this lamp, and thought I will pick it up one day.  Well, the day has arrived sooner than I think!  Can you believe I actually found of pair of these at HomeSense? One of them is now sitting on my console!    


See you all on Thursday for an exciting Spring preview!

21 comments:

  1. I too am a Home Sense fan! It's pretty much as good as it gets for home decor shopping in the maritimes. But I must say.. we never get this kind of stuff! I'm coming to see you.. with a UHaul! Holy Smokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another great Homesense post! I never have any luck with area rugs, how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehee. .. I just check the section every time I go visit a HomeSense. The best selection though I have to say is in the Waterloo, Cambridge area. Less traffic, better selection!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness...gushing over everything! I hope some of those sweet finds make their way to Winnipeg.
    My mom and I looked the little wood cubes and cylinders to use as a coffee table for her living room, but there were only two of each and it just wasn't going to look right so we went home without them. Still, they're so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you see a majority of the items I picked for my HomeSense posts in Winnipeg? I know Erica in Calgary picked up quite a few amazing pieces at her local HomeSense. I came to a witch hunt of the black and white polka dot rug because of her tweet ... she told me there were 2 in her local HomeSense of the size I want. If I didn't finally get mine here (I needed a 10 x 12), I would probably ask her to ship it to me!!

      Delete
    2. Hey Tim,
      I usually can pick out a couple of per HomeSense post that I recognize from my Wpg HomeSense haunts. Like in this post, for example, I recognized the above mentioned wood stool tables, as well as the moroccan shaped headboard and bath towel.
      If you're ever on the hunt for something, just send me an email at adesigndock@gmail.com or tweet me at @aDESIGNdock and I'll be happy to check the Wpg store for you!
      Cheers!!!

      Delete
  4. You have captured some amazing pieces at Home Sense (Home Goods in the US). One could spend hours browsing and finding a need for a lot of these pieces. The rugs and mirrors are always beautiful. The size of these has often prevented me from walking out with one. A great resource. Love the black ghost chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to check out Home Goods when in the US. I saw their commercials on TV sometimes. Show us some of your finds Lisa!

      Delete
  5. Are you freakin' kidding me!? Dying over the headboards and the tufted armchair! Feeling the need to stock up on furnishings NOW but I don't move into my bigger place until next summer at the earliest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's always a storage locker! good deals doesn't too often :)

      Delete
  6. so many great things !! thanks for the post, Tim :) I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something for EVerYOnE!

    I like the cow hide! I still want one
    the driftwood table is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - I am tired just reading this! So many good finds, Tim. I love the polka dot rug can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Tim. I can't believe you found those lamps. Great score. I also adore that yellow and grey pillow. The mirrors are a great find too.
    Thanks for sharing!
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too M! The pillow and the rug underneath are going into a bedroom project. I also scored a couple other pillows and they were only $35 a piece and was done in a fabric I almost picked up at inVU with you the other day! Can't beat that price!!

      Delete
  10. Last week I found an 8x11 Calvin Klein rug - Marrakech Ashen at Homesense for $399 it was almost 70% off retail price of $1200 it was totally a "START THE CAR!!!" moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you hear me saying "JEALOUS"!!

      Delete
  11. What home sense did u go to tim?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. depends on which items you are looking for. These items came from a few locations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love HomeSense and I love it even more now after going through your pictures! You have very good eye for stylish items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I found a few hot spring/summer items last week as well. Another HomeSense Post is in the work!

      Delete