Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Brunch Special: L'OUVRIER

Welcome to sunshine Wednesday!  Nothing motivates me to get out of the house on a warm sunny Sunday than to meet up with a few good friends at our favourite spots for brunch.  With the weekend fast approaching, I thought why not sharing with you all my new brunch destination in town.

One of my friend has the talents in spotting the "up-and-coming" fantastic new restaurants.  So when he strongly recommended L'OUVRIER kitchenbar for brunch, I knew I was in for a treat.  The food at L'OUVRIER was delicious and I was equally impressed by the interior of the restaurant.  

This fun metal desk is full of character and so is this hot pink table top with a large than life personality.  These two statement pieces are the first things you see the moment you walked into the restaurant and they have certainly set the tone and overall design aesthetic for the restaurant: honesty, refined rustic, and electric.    

Being a mid-century modern obsessed, I of course am digging these Eames molded plastic chair with wood legs and these Magis Steelwood chairs by Herman Miller.  Simple, classic, and sophisticated, these chairs are the perfect pieces to juxtapose against this huge round table in bare natural wood finish.


Isn't this table to die for? I love the starburst construction and I can't imagine the amount of work involved in creating such master piece.  Another thing I love about this table is the patina (a.k.a. wear and tear) on the table top resulted from working double-time to satisfy our appetites.  


L'OUVRIER has many furniture pieces that are truly conversation starters.  I love the high gloss white on these reclaimed wood slats dining tables, the dynamite custom pendant over the bar, and these vintage metal bar stools.  

Speaking about unexpected twist, how about assembling a collection of unique objects in ziplock bags as artwork? I talked to the young lady working at the restaurant and she told me these are all the items being used during the renovation.  See again conversation piece ... this ingenious creation is yet another simple, inexpensive, but super effective decoration. 

I am a sucker for vintage painted barn tables and this beauty in pastel green with all the chipped paint details just makes my heart sings!  Love those gorgeous legs!


I absolutely love this vignette: oversize vintage phote, reclaimed wood counter with industrial legs, and a rich, sumptuous Persian rug.  What is not to love? The restaurant has these ultra chic high chairs for the wee ones.  I've never been a high chair that stylish before, especially with those little white "socks" on their feet.


This edgy Judy definitely sparks a bold and dramatic decoration statement, while these industrial cage light inspired wall sconces are both attractive and practical.  


The constant tension between different styles of furnishing continues into the washroom.  In this case, we have a painted traditional mirror and a modern execution for the vanity and with a stainless tap.  Again, totally unexpected, yet absolutely refreshing.

A tip for natural room fragrance: lavender in a cup!


Hope you enjoy my experience at L'OUVRIER as much as I do, and next time when you are in the Dundas West and Bathurst area, visit L'OUVRIER for a cup of tea!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! You should also try out Hammersmith's on the east side - Gerrard just past Chinatown East. The decor isn't anything fancy but the food and the people are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to go for dinner. SUPER DELISH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete