Sunday, February 26, 2012

Store Alert: Target + Designer Jason Wu

Happy Monday! It is finally sunny and warm out today in Toronto and you know what that reminds me of: my shopping tour at Target while visiting Miami.  Target truly has everything you need for your everyday needs including electronics, grocery, beauty products, and of course home decoration.  Let's check out the items I spotted during my "store tour".

"Muted Gold" is the color that possesses my brain for months and this time it comes in chevron!!  Just how could I resist and not pick up a couple to take home?  I always like strong, sturdy basket to hold my magazines.  This one is truly timeless and elegant that costs next to nothing.  Love it!  


I'm also going crazy with all things coral, especially the ones in a richer, tomato shade.  Here is a decadent tray and a cute as a button storage box that inspired me for today's post.  I must admit, I wasn't planning to take pictures and our Target trip to pick up lotion was turned into a 30 mins photo shoot.

Let just say I had to offer Chris a trip to Frozen Yogurt to call it even.

These Morocco inspired pillows have the perfect hue of coral and amazing patterns.  To calm the vibrancy of the coral, why not pairing these pillows with these perfect mates in taupe?    


Now when I saw the following items, I immediately thought of two talented ladies: Christine of Bijou and Boheme for her love of pink, gold, and all things romantic (like the curvaceous mirrored side table) and Vanessa of decor happy for this vintage floral inspired storage box with vibrant colors for her latest wallpaper obsession.   


If you have read my interview with Elaine of Style At Home, you would know that my favourite color palette of the moment is blue with mustard yellow.  Do I need to say more? Check out these stunning lamp shades for only $20 each, and the blue pattern is actually in cut velvet!!

Speaking about getting the bang for the buck, these small rugs offer incredible impact and drama for that crucial first impression at your front foyer.  Serene or mod, the choice is yours? For only $25 a piece, why not enjoy a healthy dose of split personality?    


I know we may still be months ahead of the BBQ season.  But with the mild winter we have this year, we may just start the outdoor season in late April.  Here are some stylish and colourful outdoor products for your perfect evening party.  And you know what else you can do with these hand towels?  Decorative pillows!!



If you are in the market for a sidetable, here are a few options from Target.  I like the design and the shape of these tables, but I'm on the fence about the colors: a simple problem that can easily be fixed with a short trip to a local paint sprayer. 


The talented fashion designer Jason Wu (and he is from Canada!!) has collaborated with Target for an amazing collection with incredible attention to detail at unbelievably affordable prices.  Here is an interview CP24 has with Jason for the Target Pop-up store in Toronto.    


From runway to home fashion, Jason has also teamed up with Brizo to create this masculine collection of bathroom accessories and THE bathroom faucet that I'm insanely crazy about in matte black!  Elegant, timeless, and sophisticated, this special collection will truly set your bathroom apart from others.  And as Jason says, "Fashion isn't just about the clothes.  It's a lifestyle."  

via

via

via

And I will leave you with this fun behind the scene footage of Jason Wu for the Brizo Collection.  Enjoy my friends!

12 comments:

  1. Wow...I love these finds Tim. I can hardly believe the prices. Those lamps, rugs, accessories. Oh my! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tim.....love those toss cushions in coral and taupe....hope they are still in stores when I head there in a few weeks!! They would look divine in my family room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Target is a wonderful resource that increasingly appears to be on trend with the vast array of stylish decorative items in gorgeous colors and patterns. It is time for a visit, I believe. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa for the follow! I love Target and it's amazing how they manage to find these gorgeous pieces and sell them for next to nothing!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Can't wait for Target to head north next year. Stylish and affordable - can't beat that! The floral box is cute - you know me so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great ! Looking forward to going to Target here in Canada:)
    Just got my Style at Home in mailbox today...going to read it tonight! You and your place look great in the pictures Tim !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much yoko! I still haven't received mine in the mail and I got a copy from my friend at West Elm! Love it!

      Delete
  6. I'm super excited for Target to get to Canada but I'm also so worried that it won't carry the incredible products it does in the states. I really hope they get it right and bring with them what makes Target so, so special and different than the Zellers and Walmarts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, so many awesome Target finds!! And even better is how affordable everything is. What did you bring home with you, Tim?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was going to bring back the rug but Chris stopped me. I now want those chevron pillowS!

      Delete
  8. Great finds Tim! I'm thrilled Target is coming north - can't wait! I hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wendy! 2013 ... can't hardly wait. maybe just need to take a trip south to Buffalo soon!

      Delete