Friday, February 24, 2012

South Beach: Shopping at Lincoln Road

Happy Friday Ladies and Gents!  You've read about my accommodation while visiting Fort Lauderdale and South Beach last week.  As promised, today we are going on a shopping tour at the famous shopping heaven in South Beach: Lincoln Road.

Lincoln Road is the home to many of my favourite home furnishings and decor stores including Pottery Barn, Anthropologie, Design Within Reach, and my new love: Nest Casa.

There is nothing worse than fallen in love with a gorgeous piece while traveling and could not bring it home due to insane shipping cost.  This is particularly true when I fell for the Elena Wood Bead Chandelier and the Mandalay Task Lamp!  They both share a vintage aesthetic and so full of personality.  I could totally see them being the perfect partners with contemporary pieces in an eclectic space!  Chris asked me, "How are you taking them back home?" ... well, thank God Pottery Barn is also in Canada: forget about shipping.


Spring is also "almost" in the air and my all time favourite spring flowering branch is dogwood.   Dogwood tree is not a native specie in Toronto and I only see them occasionally at the floral shops at Avenue Road.  For instant gratification, these dogwood branches at Pottery Barn may just be my answer.

Coral continues to occupy my brain as spring inspiration and hint, you may just be seeing coral in the Spring/Summer 2012 edition of My Place soon!  


Anthropologie is known for its quirky charm.  I love visiting the store, since I know I will always be inspired by whimsical items that I love to take home with.  Check out these cute as a button doggie ring dishes and owl vases in matte white.  For the boys who are not really into rings and accessories (like myself), the ring dish can totally be re-purposed to hold natural room fragrance such as lavender!  


Easter is the next "holiday" to come and here are a couple of bunny items that are full of charm!  I love the Japanese motif on this tea towel for the bright red flowers & adorable bunny with embroidery details, and the beautiful hues of coral as cherry blossom.



Design Within Reach at South Beach:  don't you just love how they greet their guests?  Playful and sophisticated, the exterior of the store gives me a lasting first impression ... only to captivate me even more the moment I walk into the store.    


I am drawn to the simple and honest design of the Risom Lounge chair in tomato red and the 47 Table in high gloss silver for a touch of Hollywood glam!  


Here are a couple of strong contenders that almost came home with me: the Ravello flatweave runner for a bold, energetic, graphic bunch (obviously I was inspired by Tommy Smythe) and this edgy, multi-dimensional "Etch Pendant" by my favourite UK designer, Tom Dixon


Nest Casa is a store I discovered during my visit.  The price point is a little higher but the pieces are certainly gorgeous and worth every penny.  The store is filled with sophisticated and strong conversation pieces that will surely blow your socks off.   I was floored within seconds after walking into the store.    


Check out these stunning stools with gold accent.  White or charcoal gray, the choice is yours ... but the gray one stole my heart.


I am in the market for a pair of arm chairs for a dining room project and only if I could bring this undeniably gorgeous chair back to Toronto!  Love the design, fabric, and nail head details ... not to mention those sexy ebony legs!

For a masculine touch, I love this faux bamboo tray in charcoal grey + muted gold handle, and a couple of decorative boxes with faux leather in warm gray.


Now Christine (Bijou and Boheme), are you reading this?  Did you just die with me and together arrive at gorgeous decor heaven?  This dining table is absolutely dynamite, and I love the unexpected twist to pair a round table base with a rectangular glass top.  Check out that chevron rug!!!  Absolutely sensational.

Surprise surprise ... I also love these coral boxes.  


Here is fun vignette with bright turquoise and gold accent.  Gold is near and dear to my heart for the past couple of seasons and surely I am crazy about the modern interpretation of these classic mirrors.


Beautiful geometric patterns on these pottery pieces, and just how could you not love this "doggie" watering can in muted gold?  So much fun!


Unfortunately I forgot to write down the name of this store but I love the modern, industrial flair of their products and displays.  I am head over heal about this amazing chandelier and a simple, effortless, yet highly effective display of a glass container full of glass bubbles.


Before I wrap up our tour on Lincoln Road, you have got to visit this Apple store.  It is so Art Deco and I love it!

15 comments:

  1. Oh Tim. As usual, you have me drooling. Love EVERYTHING so so much. Have a fantastic weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finds!!! Love me some Anthro :) And I'm a total pretty-storage-box junkie haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....fabulous finds.....I would be bankrupt right now because I would have shipped it all back to Canada!! ;-) Love Tom Dixon btw!! Can't wait for your Target finds!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also loving anything and everything in coral right now. And OMG, that chevron rug is To. Die. For. Did you buy the bamboo tray with gold accents on the handles? That would have fit in your suitcase, I'm sure, and it would be great on your coffee table :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. checked the price. the tray is well over $1K. I think I need to pass on that and look for a more affordable alternative!

      Delete
  5. Such great picks - I need to bring you shopping sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these shots, Tim! Wish we coulda shopped there together - love the owls... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right...ADORE the table...and the mirror...and the Tom Dixon pendants...oh how I'd love to go shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Lincoln Road wrap up! Will definitely have to pop by some of these stores when I'm there next month! Too bad the Jonathan Adler store is no longer there.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy!! You are going next month? So jealous!! I love south beach and love the places I stayed at! I am ordering the tray and see if my friend can bring it back for me! It is perfect for my spring/summer color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy!! You are going next month? So jealous!! I love south beach and love the places I stayed at! I am ordering the tray and see if my friend can bring it back for me! It is perfect for my spring/summer color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am shocked Nest let you take pictures! They were nasty to me when I asked if I could take some photos while sourcing for a client last year. I love their waylande gregory and missoni selection - too bad it's crazy $$$!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally lucked out. It was a quiet day and the lady there didn't care much with me walking around with my iphone.

      Delete
  12. Nest is actually owned by a girl I went to high school with - so you were shopping at a Canadian store :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you!! I love the store and would love some of the pieces.... only a little shy on the pocket book.

      Delete