Sunday, February 19, 2012

South Beach: Hotel Edition

Happy Family Day!  Yes, it is a holiday here in Toronto and I want to share with you the chic Room Mate Hotel I stayed at in South Beach.  Well ... and to remind myself what a fantastic time Chris and I had in Florida just a little over a week ago.


The hotel lobby is filled with modern, sleek furniture in white leather and accented by rich ebony legs, fresh orchids, glamorous floor lamps, and silvery grey drapery panels for a contemporary Hollywood vibe.  



The square geometric pattern is the signature logo of the hotel: check out this stunning coffee table and the side panels at the front door.


I normally do not notice the hallway and the staircase leading to my room in a hotel, but in this case, how could I not notice the sexy hallway with shimmery grey grasscloth wallpaper and  Art Deco inspired railing in high gloss black?  Totally mod!!


Ladies and Gents, welcome to my hotel room!  Continuing the high contrast black & white palette and the signature square motif, this room features a pair of custom headboards, a classic Art Deco desk, and this cute as a button chair upholstered in silvery weave fabric.

To warm up this otherwise "stark" color palette, the designer of the hotel installed texture wallpaper in muted gold.  The room is stylish, decadent, and certainly exceeded my my expectation.



True to all South Beach Hotels right on Ocean Drive, space is at a premium.  To visually expand the square footage of the room and allow for lights to travel between the bedroom to the bathroom, a frosted glass pocket door with the square geometric motif leads you to this sexy, masculine bathroom.  


I love the shape of this vanity and how the sink "floats" with the support of the sleek polished chrome legs that also hold the turkish hand towel.  I wasn't joking when I said this bathroom is designed for a sexy bachelor.  What men do not heart a one piece drop-dead gorgeous sink in matte black corian and chunky faucet like this? 


This hotel also plays up the sexy appeal with their slogans.  See what they say on the bathrobe and this sand castle building set.  The best is actually on the T-shirt the staff wear (the guy working at the front desk was hot may I add), "Do you want to sleep with me?"


 
A couple more details I heart: macassar ebony cabinet with polished chrome cube knobs (I have the same ones in my bathroom!) and hammered metal bathroom accessories.

The Tides Hotel is another hotel I would love to check out next time when I am in town.  This luxurious iconic Art Deco hotel is originally built in 1936, and all 45 suites offer stunning ocean views.  I just love this bistro style restaurant and lounge, the umbrellas in wide taupe and white stripes, and of course this pink scooter at the front of the hotel.             


And if I actually have some extra cash sitting around, I may just snap up one of these units with an unobstructed view of the ocean and a private section at the beach for a little piece of heaven!


Now before I send you all off to enjoy Family Day, I have a giveaway full of bathroom essentials for you courtesy of the Room Mate Hotel.  To win, simply leave a comment telling me where you have stayed at South Beach and why you liked your accommodation.    


Shopping at Florida is coming up next.  See you all on Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh looks like a nice trip!

    I went to South Beach about 8 years ago by myself (I was so cool back then) and stayed here http://www.thehotelofsouthbeach.com/pool_spire.htm At the time I thought it looked so cool (plus I couldn't afford much more) but now I'd probably want to stay somewhere like where you stayed! Although this place did have a cool rooftop pool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah...what a fantastic hotel. Love all the graphic details, like the cut-outs on the coffee table and headboards. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh...ps. Tim, I just wanted to let you know that I awarded you The Versatile Bloggers Award!!! It has been so much fun getting to 'know' you these past few months. You're so talented and sweet and it's always a joy to visit your blog. Cheers!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Amy! Now I have to figure out my 7 to share with others!

      Delete
  3. Some beautiful photos, Tim. You're getting better all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris!! I learned from the BEST and you know who!!

      Delete