Friday, November 25, 2011

Purl in NYC: Holidays Edition

I spent my last Christmas in NYC and came across the amazing store, Purl, in SoHo.  If you have been following my blog for awhile, you know I love handcrafted objects, DIY ideas, and I am obsessed with felt!  Purlo is a one-stop shop from organic yarns, soft natural felt, and beautiful fabrics to inspirational ideas and all the tools you need to complete your projects.

Here is their Christmas window in 2010.


Don't you just love this mini tree? I love all the handcrafted felt ornaments!  So much so that I actually bought one of their birdie ornament patterns.  It may well be my first ever sewing project!  Other holidays goodies on display: felt mini trees, stylish totes, and you are only limited by your imagination!


Check out the wide selection of natural yarns and fun, vibrant fabrics!


If you are looking for an one of a kind creation to liven up your space, look no further than this amazing quilt with every color of the rainbow.  Here is close-up of the felt birdies.  You see, I have been hunting for yellow ornaments but no luck (I am convinced that they just do not exist), and this maybe my ticket to combine my love of birds and yellow with some helps from Purl.



I'm digging yellow this year but if you have another color in mind, Purl has got you covered.  Check out all these felts!  I love them all!


We are a week away from December and if you are looking for simple and elegant crafty decoration for your home, check this out.


I absolutely love this tree topper and these ornaments!  I love the organic feel of these creations.  They reminded me of Heather from pi'lo.


You can also make your own handmade gifts for your friends and family.  Here are a couple of fun gift ideas that will surely put a smile on everyone's face.


Chris loves to cook and maybe I will just have to attempt this apron project this year.


I also love to frame little objects as art work.  How about this fun animal book on how to make these oh-so-adorable felt animals?


Other pretty books on projects using felt.


Check out these whimsical cutie pies!


In case you haven't noticed yet, the pictures on Purl are absolutely breathtaking!  The composition, the lighting, and the kitty ... I just can't get enough of it.


Not convinced yet? These two will for sure do the trick.


Purl also ships Internationally and are very reasonably priced.  So check out their website and when in NYC, make sure you go check out Purl in person!  You won't leave the store empty handed.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing stuff, I will definitely check it out online! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the store! Heading over now to check out their holiday creation for inspirations!

    ReplyDelete