Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sarah's Country Home + Sneak Peek of Sarah's House 4

Can you believe this my fellow Canadian, we are only a week away from the premiere of Sarah's House Season 4 on HGTV Canada!  As promised, this week's special feature is getting personal.  Yes, it is a weekend at Sarah's own country home (features in HGTV magazine) and Sarah's house keeping tips on perfect causal living!

I love, love, LOVE this living room!  The old Bank of Nova Scotia plaster crest is the perfect accessory above the stately stone fireplace, not to mention how much character and charm it adds to the space.  Speaking about charm, the panel detail, the grasscloth wallpaper, and the wide variety of fabrics in this living room add texture and up the cozy factor in those cold Winter nights.   


I am totally guilty on switching up finishes (pillows, slipcovers, accent color on focal wall) at my own place to reflect what inspired me at the moment.  My place was inspired by the Vibrant Living room in Sarah 101 in Spring!  Chris, of course, has "commented" on my addiction to change but now I found my justification: Sarah also rearranges her furniture at least once a year!  And if you are a Sarah Super Fan like me, you probably have noticed something has been rearranged in this living room since Sarah's House 3 was aired.

Before sharing with you what the changes are, check out this fun staircase (totally doing it in my future country home) and that sweet breakfast nook in Sarah's gourmet kitchen.  Love those pair of faux bamboo wicker chairs.  I recently purchased a pair of antique ones and can't way to put them into use.  Note the practical tip from Sarah: the seat cushion covers can come off to clean when required.     


Back to what has been changed, see if you can spot them in this "before" pictures of this cozy living room.  I love those Thomas stools!  Its classic, tailored design and versatility (side table, foot stool, you name it) make it one of Sarah's favourite items in her transformations.


Can you spot the changes? The easy ones are the pillows.  Loving the new pillows on the sofa.  Now if you look closely, the sofa on the left and the two arm chairs in the before shots have now been flipped!  What a clever idea for a different look simply by re-arranging the furniture.  One more change I noticed is the inside-back of the sofa.  Not sure if that gorgeous floral is just a throw or Sarah had the back of the sofa reupholstered but I'm loving it!

Now here are the bedrooms.  I still remember how much I loved Sarah's bright and cheerful Master bedroom when I first saw it on tv.  Love that vintage quilt she scored at Christie Antique Show and the pair of his and hers chairs in bold jumpy floral.


Don't you love that Sarah lets you peek into her drawers?  I'm taking note on these home organization tips: truely a 101 class on clutter free living (especially with kids). 


So if you haven't picked up your copy of the HGTV Magazine, hurry up before they are sold out!
Now do I have a treat for you all!  Sarah's House 4 will air in exactly a week time and here is a fun promotional clip from HGTV Canada!


Want to see more? Here are a couple more clips on home office organization and entrance way storage + your chance to check out the stunning kitchen of Sarah's House 4!



1 comment:

  1. I loved reading the article in the HGTV mag and seeing what she changed too! Good eye for spotting those changes.

    ReplyDelete