Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mega HomeSense: Furnishing Edition

Ok! You all know I love to treasure hunt at HomeSense. I know I just did another Store Alert on HomeSense a couple of weeks ago but man, I couldn't resist to show you all these jawdropping pieces I felt in love with this past week.  I usually start off my store alert post with smaller pieces but since this is a mega alert, I decided to go big.  Allow me to introduce you to this luxurious velvet tufted sofa in deep teal blue with espresso legs.


If you are not ready to cross over to the dark side yet, how about this soft microfibre daybed in cream?  Love the tufted detail on the arms.


I love benches and I'm hunting for the perfect one for the entrance at the Builder's Dream project.  Here are a couple of my favourites upholstered in trendy suzani fabric and super durable tribal inspired "flat woven rug".


If you are not looking for an upholstered bench, how about this red bench with delicate white carvings?  This bench is perfect for a front hall ... it even comes with shelve for storage.


My addiction to chairs has drawn me to these two very different beauties: one in a timeless silhouette with a bold floral, while another is a classic sumptuous grey velvet application on a fun chair.  Love the unexpected twist on both.


An occasional chair in blue/grey with tufting and a couple of Louis XVI dining chairs in burlaps.


I love the Madeleine chair from Restoration Hardware and look what I've found!  Check out the one on the right, it actually has a padded seat ... what an added bonus!


Looking for bar stools my friend?  Here are a couple of contemporary options for you.  I also saw a similar one at inVU Drapery, in case you are looking for a lounge chair in similar style.


Moving away from chairs, here are a couple of console tables I like.  Whether you love traditional pieces or edgy industrial designs, HomeSense has got you covered.


Couldn't help but noticed these fab lamps with faux leather bases and burlap shades.  I got a pair of these coral table lamps in silver.  If you are looking for an easy way to bring in warm metal into your home, this stylish lamp may just be what you need!


One question my readers often ask: How is the quality at HomeSense?  My answer has always been: do the shake test.  If the piece feels solid during the test and remains standing afterward, it's probably good enough for everyday use.  Now here is an oval desk in exceptional quality by Lexington.  Check out the solid brass legs with an art deco flair, rich mahogany top with gold inlay, and those muted gold hardware!


Another beautiful piece: a side table with a flower motif.  I absolutely love the top!  The only thing holding me back from wrapping it up is the base: it looks a little chunky.  


Talking about flower, here is a fun pillow with poppy embroidery.  Thanks Cass for modeling the pillow for me ... noticed her perfect french manicure?


Back to side table, here are a couple of side tables I spotted.  I love faux bamboo and this one has great basket weave detailing and chic antique brass ring as hardware.  Not sure about the color but it is an easy fix.  If you are looking for drifted wood inspired pieces, check out these handsome pieces!


I am also attracted to distressed finishes lately and this one in particular because of the stunning medallions.  If I have a country house, I would totally use this as console in a dining room or have a pair of them on either side of a handsome stone fireplace.  


Remember those stunning side tables I showed you at my last HomeSense alert, here is coffee table! I love its classic elegant design and hey if you are on the fence about the black stone, change it to carrara!  


You may also need a couple of stools as side tables or extra seating when hosting a party.  Check out these two totally different yet equally fab options.  I enjoy the faux tufting and the crackle finish on the left for its glam Hollywood vibe, but I love the one on the right for the serene organic textile.


We all need area rugs for our rooms and here are a few gorgeous ones I spotted.  First up are a couple of floral beauties.  I love how the soft blue and taupe balance off the raspberry red and pale pink accent on this rug.  For all you neutral lovers, here is a neutral option that scores A+++.  Love the modern interpretation of this traditional pattern: not to mention how soft this 100% pure wool rug feels on feet!


I am a big fan of chevron and here is a touch of golden harvest perfect for any front halls in this Fall!


Suzani is still going strong and here are a couple of beautiful options: light or dark, the option is yours!


If getting a suzani rug is too much of a commitment for you, how about using the pattern as your duvet cover?







What is this pink circle you wonder? It is actually a "mushroom" tuffet with storage.


Speaking of attractive storage solution, check out this series of three covered in coffee bean burlaps!  So trendy and remind me of the UpCycle Ottoman at Style Garage.


Learning from the design experts at inVU Drapery that muted gold is very on trend, may I present you this gorgeous mirror and a pair of doggie bookends!


Can never say no to these white porcelain jars and pedestal bowl!  They are the perfect accessories for open display for any bookcases.  Imagine showcasing these classic white jars and bowls with painted tongue and groove panelling or your favourite wallpaper as backdrops.


Owl is so big this year.  Here are a couple of fun options: a pot rest and a pair of bookends.


Looking at natural inspired accessories? Here is a branch candle holders with gorgeous flower buds.


Nothing adds ambiance more than candle lights and check out these two beautiful lanterns in two of my favourite motifs.


A couple of delicate hangers and I love these wooden spheres!  Sarah used them in the nursery of Sarah's House 2 as well!


A few stylish decorative boxes.  Again the perfect accessories for any bookcases.


Thanks Cass for being my model on this trip and for those of you looking for Halloween decoration, check out these lion and giraffe!

No comments:

Post a Comment