Saturday, September 10, 2011

Treasure Hunting: Queen West Edition

Queen West has always been one of my favourite spots to hunt for unique pieces (furniture, accessories, lighting, and even flower arrangement) at reasonable prices.  Today, I will share with you some of the great pieces I came across during this visit.

Lets start with chairs.  I love chairs in case you haven't noticed and lately I have been drawn toward fantasic looking vintage chairs with patina.  If I do have a summer home one day, for sure the chairs will be mis-matched but full of characters.


I love these bar stools, and they are in the perfect shade of red.  Looking for an unique sitting solution, especially at the narrow foyer?  Here is my pick for its character and best of all, the seats actually fold up!


Mid-century iconic chairs always capture my heart.  Love these vintage Arne Jacobsen chairs for the simple and elegant design. 


How about the Marshmallow sofa from George Nelson?  It is surely a conversational piece in any spaces.


If Sweden design is what you're after, you need to try out this stylish and also very comfortable chair!


Also available is a pair of vintage credenza from Knoll with marble top.  Only if I haven't ready owned a lovely dresser and a custom media unit from Style Garage, these two gorgeous numbers are surely coming home with me.


This noguchi dining table needs some TLCs.  But hey, it's a fantastic deal to own an original noguchi for just under $500.  The table top is in good condition.  So some elbow grease to get the rust and lose paint off the base and a trip to the sprayer, this table is good as new. 


I need a few side tables for the main floor of the Builder's Dream Project.  Learning from Ms. Samantha Pynn, I'm looking for non-matching side tables that are stylish with simple designs.  These two are a bargain for under $150 a piece.


I like this pendant quite a bit.  It looks very similar to the one I saw at Chair Table Lamp but was sold before I could get to it.  This chandelier is ready to shine in any bathrooms after a quick clean up and some vintage flat crystals. 

Chris thought I'd gone mad but I happen to love this pair of wall sconces with a flower motif.  For me, if the color combination is a bit too "country" for you, nothing a coat of cloud white + a pop of daisy yellow or robin's egg blue as accent at the buds couldn't transform the pair into a showstopper!


Love the characters of these two pieces.  Wait, aren't these red crosses in Sarah's RxR exhibition at IDS 2011?


To wrap up this trip, I also spotted this fabulous Ram head on my way to get the car.  I've seen in magazine where a pair of the Ram heads were paired with glass as coffee table.  Caviar 20 had one and of course it was sold in no time as well.  Now I just have to call the store and see if they actually have a pair!


If you happen to be in Queen West and looking for fabrics, check out Designer Fabrics Outlet.  They have a massive selection of good quality, well designed fabrics at affortable prices.  If you like this beyond fabulous Schumacher fabric Sarah used as her headboard, you may want to check out this one at the clearance section!

I came across this print which I absolutely love.  Sadly not all men feel the same.



2 comments:

  1. Great finds Tim!! I love the flower sconces and the fold up bench/chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, you have such a great eye for beautiful things!! I LOVE that credenza!!

    ReplyDelete