Monday, September 19, 2011

Store Alert: HomeSense Edition

HomeSense has always been one of my favourite spots to treasure hunt for high style pieces for only 1/2 of the designer's price, especially when I'm busy sourcing for the Builder's Dream Project (more exciting news to come on that soon).  Here are my finds during my recent visit to HomeSenese. 

This narrow tufted bench upholstered in grey linen cotton is classic and elegant.  The silver horse statue is the perfect accessory to go with this timeless bench in a study.  If you're looking for something more trendy and edgy, this ottoman with nailhead detail may just be what you need.


Talking about timeless classic pieces for fraction of the price!  This Le Corbuiser LC4 Chaise Lounge inspired beauty in cow hide is an ideal choice for a contemporary reading/relaxation nook.


If you want something more cozy, here is a three seater upholstered in French country inspired taupe stripe with weathered wood frame.  I love the fact that there's one long seat cushion.  Sorry about the language but don't you just hate sitting right on the gap between the two cushions?






I'm also on a look out for a couple of desks with simple lines and wood accent for the home office.  Here is a good candidate with large desk surface and a deep drawer.  The cross leg base scores a few extra points for style as well.


Desk #2: bistrio inspired base with a gorgeous reclaimed wood top.  If I have a home office, this would be my craft table.


Have been checking out narrow console table for a front hall for another project.  I like this one for its scale, the interesting geometric design on the sides, a glass shelve down below, and a beautiful travertine top.


This Louis XVI inspired beauty has "vanity" written all over it.  Would love to use it in a guest bath with a retangular sink sitting on top and a dynamite faucet from Brizo!


This rustic mirror (practically the identical twin of the Mansard Scroll mirror from Restoration Hardware) is what we are using at Builder's Dream Project.  This print with hot air balloons in Paris remined me of my trip to Germany and Lindsay spotted this energetic print too!


A new house with no furniture also needs a few side tables.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw these side tables at HomeSense.  Their prices are unbelievable and they look very similar to pieces you would find at high end stores!


Check out this "cocktail table" with the cross detail, and this modern wire side table powder coated in yellow.


The name "Jonathan Adler" popped in my head when I saw these photo frames with rich, vibrant raw silks set in polished chrome frames. 


Chair: I need two for the home office ... well basically the his and hers chairs. Here are two chairs with great potential.  Despite the fact that their shapes and use of materials are rather different, I love how his traditional Louis XVI arm chair is modernized by the grey linen and weathered wood frame, while the nailhead detail on her contemporary curvaceous chair in white leather adds soul and character.  


Now if you want a matching pair, these Hans Wegner chairs are a great alternative for less.  This brushed aluminum counter stool scores high in style and it is very well-priced (mind you they look almost identical to the ones at Design Within Reach).   


More midcentury modern inspired chairs: T. Vac. Chair and Eames molded plastic side chair.


Lets talk about soft finishing touches.  I love this little cube (a foot rest perhaps?) in tightly weaved burlap and a poppy motif.  This bird pillow reminds me of the ones from Dwell studio.      


If you are looking for a good size round tufted ottoman, what do you think about this handsome piece with espresso legs?  This cute little cupcake tuffet is perfect for a girl's room, not to mention the extra storage!


A brand new builder home also need area rugs and I've found two neutral options.  The braid style rug is intricate and soft on feet (100% wool): very luxurious and I've seen a similar one at Elte.   This flat woven rug with a geometric chain pattern reminds me of the Wilander rug at Elte.


If neutral isn't your cup of tea and you are looking for adding wow factor to your front foyer, here is a fun, colorful, and mediterranean infused rug for you.  The pattern reminds me of hand-drawn fire baked turkish tiles.    


That's it for this time.  Hope this inspired you to go treasure hunting at the HomeSense near you.

8 comments:

  1. you must give... which homesense is this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let this be our next field trip....

    Great finds as usual! I am in love with that neutral flat woven rug and I want one of those bird pillows for my basement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know at which Homesense you shop! Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pieces were spotted from the eglinton/warden and the markville locations. Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent finds Tim, you might convert me after all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... those are some fantastic finds! I've never seen such gorgeous furniture here in K-W, and I do frequent HS often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your choice,Those products are really nice, I like most that wooden furniture. and this sparrow pillow is reallly nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the tufted grey linen bench in Homesense and didn't buy it when I had the chance. Any idea who the manufacturer is?

    ReplyDelete