Monday, July 11, 2011

My 100th Post!

I still can't believe it but my friends, this is the official 100th blog post on Design Maze!

I first started this blog after a good friend suggested me to start documenting my home projects online.  Still remembered the excitement when I wrote my first blog post: I dug up some pictures of my old bedroom, rushed to "reveal" the condo with a feature wall using "Vista" from Sarah's Designer Palette with Para Paint, and I didn't even  know how to put up pictures on blogspot or upload videos to youtube!


The last 11 months have been an unbelievable experience for me.  I've learned a lot about blogging, connected with many talented mentors, and inspired by smart design ideas from fellow bloggers.  I am also very grateful that my place has been featured on Design*Sponge, declared the winner of Color Context 2010 (non-US region) at Apartment Therapy, and filmed by the incredibly talented camera crew (Denise and Ian) and design expert (Andrea Ford) for a segment for the Steven & Chris Show!


Thanks to my blog, I have:

(1) met Sarah and Tommy first time in person at IDS 2011 (I still remembered how nervous I was when I saw them)

(2) connected with other talented bloggers with big big hearts: I am so proud to be part of the meaningful charity project, Bloggers Give Back!


(3) attended the Canadian Design Bloggers Meetup, had a great chat with Tommy, and witnessed Jen's and Lindsay's dedication to update their fans on twitter (just look at them busy typing with their smart phones at the back).         


(3) did an interview with my favorite local artist Ms. Heather Shaw from pi'lo and connected with the talented Mr. Scott Young from Scott Young Photography.


and best of all, I've also connected with lots of fantastic readers through my blog.  A big shout out to "Trio", who had not only become my fabric buddy, she also coded a message on my blog to let me know Sarah's chairs were on sale at Hollace Cluny.


With the girl's bedroom and nursery transformation finally coming to an end, I am now ready to work on my next decorating project: a guest bedroom and a media room!  Check out these mood boards:

Media Room


Sea-Inspired Bedroom


Thanks everyone for a fun-filled journey for the past 11 months.  I really appreciate all your kind and encouraging comments!  Blogging has been a very rewarding experience for me and I wouldn't have been able to get to my first 100th post without each and every single one of you.  Special shout out to Chris for all the love, patience and support (he's the technical guy behind the blog and the website) and I'm looking forward for many 100s blog posts to come!


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Tim! What a whirlwind of a year! So thrilled for you that you are doing what you love and are so talented at ;)

    Cheers, amy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim San I am so proud of you! It really takes time and effort to document everything, esp when every blog entry of yours were so thoughtfully put together! I really enjoy your blog so much!! Also, I want to say "no wonder!!" abt the tech stuff hahahaha cheers and look fwd to reading the next 100s to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Tim! You've accomplished so much in a short period of time. Only more good things to come!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Tim! You've done a wonderful job with your blog and I look forward to watching it grow and seeing you get more accolades. It's been great getting to know you Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I was as dedicated! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts are always so well done, an inspiration to me. Can't wait to read the next 100!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ladies for all your sweet comments! I definitely had lots of fun for the past year and glad that my little online adventure will turn into something as rewarding and encouraging on my absolute passion! Not to mention meeting all you wonderful ladies either in person or online...

    Special shout out to Shell ... my old old old (did i mentioned old) friend who is still reading my blog even though she's in Hong Kong! congrats on the perfect wedding and sorry I wasn't able to be there!

    Looking very forward to another exciting year to come and stay tuned, the next post will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tim,

    I love reading your blog and a huge congratulations on 100 posts! I am so glad that we connected and over Sarah's chairs too! I know you will turn those gems into something fabulous.
    The time, care and detail you put into every post is very much appreciated. Looking forward to many more posts to come.
    PS - Those new mood boards look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 100th Tim. Mel from the far east :)
    Support!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Tim. I remember how great it felt to hit triple digits; it's a milestone many bloggers never get to. You should be proud of what you've accomplished -- your decorating talent is really blossoming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Trio! So glad I met you here and connected in person as well. You know what, I saw our very own basket at Bill's office during today's visit!! I will check him out for sewing jobs as well.

    Mel! missed you and girls from far east so much too. .. .can you imagine how much fun I would have redoing rooms for you girls if you're in Toronto?

    Thanks Chris! it's certainly a great feeling to have hit triple digits. What started as a personal fun little online diary has truly blossomed into something very rewarding! As always, I think the best surprise does happen when it's least expected .... I'm glad that I started blogging with no agenda and with the "lets see where this goes" attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your 100th post, Tim, and "cheers" to the next 100!! It was a pleasure to chat with you over coffee, and I hope we get the chance to do it again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete