Monday, July 18, 2011

Furniture Explosion: HomeSense Edition

The semi-annual furniture event is here at HomeSense and let me tell you, if you are looking for some well-priced and stylish pieces to jazz up your in/out door spaces, you've got to check out the HomeSense nearest you!

Chris always says I have a thing for chairs and I think he's actually right.  But who isn't when you come across these comfortable and sophisticated chairs?


You all know I love yellow and grey ... hence it's not surprising that I almost went home with these two gorgeous chair!


Love the navy and white + nailheads combo on this curvy armchair!  How about this slipper chair with chocolate legs and sage print?    


These two dresser also caught my eyes.   Once again, whether you want glamor and shiny or country chic, HomeSense's got what you are looking for!


Some friends had told me they don't like visiting HomeSense because they have to "dig deep" to find the right pieces.  To me, visiting HomeSense is like treasure hunting: you never know what you may find but when you do, you really score big!  For example, a similar version of this elephant side table was also spotted in the Lee Jofa showroom during Blogfest 2011 and this solid side table can easily be seen in high-end stores like Elte.


This exquisite stool in high-gloss white and colorful cut-velvet rug stole my heart.
 

HomeSense is also full of decorative accessories that fit every budget.  Again, if you have a good memory of what you've seen at high-end stores, you will also pick up some incredible pieces at unbeatable prices.  Check out these prints in gold gilded frames.


How about a pair of these intricate mirrors or capiz bowl doubles as art work?  Can't imagine it? Check out Jen from Rambling Renovators, who has recently made over her living room for inspiration!


If you're looking for a mini-makeover, how about a couple of embroidered lamp shades?


Talking about lighting, HomeSense also has these fantastic lanterns that are perfect for those warm summery nights.


 




Of course you also need pretty mats that can withstand the outdoor environment.  Never thought I would see my Osborne & Little wallpaper as an outdoor mat!


I also love this stylish cooler!  Who said a cooler has to be a rubbermaid!


Vases with a coral and sea horse motifs are perfectly appropriate for the Summer!


Adding a delicate birdcage and a colorful tray for drink, you've got yourself a sure-win at your outdoor party!




I'm sure we are all planning our next Summer party.  Go check out HomeSense, you won't be disappointed!

5 comments:

  1. That yellow chair is gorgeous!

    What HS did you go to? Mine never has this much great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that yellow chair too! Beautiful prints.

    Homeowner Insurance Plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome finds my friend...
    Which location is that?
    hmmm perhaps need me a vist?

    Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, what's your take on the quality? I have always found stuff at Homesense to be cheap, in a bad way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pieces were "captured" from homesense at sherway, eglinton/ warden, and Waterloo! Now do I hear a homesense road trip?

    @chris: I hear your concerns and I think it is a matter of finding the right one at good quality and at the right price. When I shop at homesense, ESP when it come to furniture, I always shake them a little and see how sturdy they are.. Then the joint test to see how the piece was constructed. My take is their chairs are often ok but the table you do need to inspect.

    As for accessories, some of them are actually at good quality and great looking... Again, it is more a matter of being there at the right time. Now would you give homesense another chance? :)

    ReplyDelete