Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cottage Life

Cottage life is all about relaxing, sharing laughters with good friends, and indulging all mother nature has to offer ... and loads of tasty food of course.  I am away at the cottage for the week and this cottage my friend has exceeded our expectation at many fronts.

First of all, it features a sloped roof, floor to ceiling windows, and a deck that wraps around the house for maximum enjoyment of the peaceful view of the Muskoka ... not to mention the striking mid-century modern aesthetic.  


The interiors of the cottage is also full of charm.  I love the rustic nutty pine panels on the walls and chunky beams.  I probably would white washed the walls just to tone down the orange slightly but leave the ceiling in natural pine.  

   
The furnishing at the cottage may feel a little dated to some but they exert a sense of coziness.  Afterall, I believe cottage living should be casual and nothing is too precious or off limit.  Hence, furniture choices should induce casual living and what's more inviting than good quality flea market finds?  The price point is often superb and all you need is a little imagination to up-cycled them.

Check out some of these fantastic pieces in the cottage:

This rocker passed down by Grandma just need a new dress for its cushions and this well-made dresser on casters is just something I would even put in my own house!


I love this little painted table in a bright red and this sweet lovely pendant with an antique brass finish.


Other rustic charms includes these key chains and this green porcelain vase for my peonies.


The cottage also surprised us with some trendy decorative elements.  Check out the mosaic tiles as backsplash and the band in the shower stall!  


The twin room has a lime green feature wall and on trend blue/white geometric print as bedding.


I have been telling you how breath-taking the view is from this cottage ... well, here is your chance to see it too!


My room also features full height windows and here is my sunrise and sunset:

Cottages also come in all shapes and sizes ... here are just a few I saw.



My only question is: which cottage is your pick?

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, great images. What colour is the lime green wall? Ists just what I'm looking for for my conservatory. Thanks! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete