Sunday, May 22, 2011

Primetime Paint & Paper

Wanting to rejuvenate or add the "wow factor" to your home and don't know where to start?  Look no further and come check out Primetime Paint & Paper for inspiration!


Primetime Paint & Paper is one of my favourite places to source wallpapers.  It houses a large selection of beautiful wallpapers from companies including Cole & Son, Schumacher, Romo, Osborne & Little, and Crown Wallpapers.  Many of these wallpapers are only available to designers in Toronto and they are now within your reach!  That's not all.  Many of these fantastic papers are also available in fabrics and Primetime can get them to you as well!

From bold and colorful to calm and serene, Primetime has it all.  Don't believe me, see for yourself:  
        


The talented Ladies, Fern and Jess (@JessicaRoloson), at Primetime are helpful, knowledgeable of their products, and have a great sense of style.  I decided to go bold and picked Maharani from Osborne & Little with my Dining Room.  I loved the bold color and patterns but was a little concerned if it would be too strong in a small space.  Thanks to Fern and Jess' support, I went with my guts and Thank God I did.    


The latest update (well perhaps the last since I ran out of room) is this gorgeous and cheerful wallpaper, Mimosa from Cole & Son, for my bedroom! I love it being the first thing I see every morning!


 




During this visit, I love the Benvarden and Jagmandir from Osborne & Little. 


I am also working on guest bedroom and my plan is to use glass cloth wallpaper for a Mediterranean seaside retreat.  Here are some of the possibilities (sorry about the shadows on the papers):




I also love the Pop Flower fabric from Kravet, which I've reupholstered a chair for the girl bedroom (you will see the complete transformation very soon) and thanks to Fern, here is the exact pattern here in wallpaper!

Primetime also offers a wide selection of paints including Benjamin Moore and Para Paints.   I love these lime green muskoka chairs... so much fun and perfect for a quick rest after spending some time debating over paint colors and wallpaper options.    


Of course Primetime also carries Sarah's Designer Palette from Para Paints.


I love these 75 colors and to start, I used SR25, Vista, in my own home.  I love the grey undertone in this lively blue: it added a sense of heritage and character to my space.


Determined to be your neighbourhood one-stop paint/wallpaper destination, Primetime also carries all the tools and products you need to complete your projects.


Of course no project is completed without details and finishing touches.  You can also pick up handles and knobs from Hickory Hardware.  Primetime can order your picks from the catalog and your handles and knobs will arrive in a few business days.  I love this particular line of hardware and have used it in my own bedroom.

Unlike the other big box stores, Primetime is truly your neighbourhood store where staff are friendly and helpful.  I love the sense of warmth and homeyness every time I come into the store and this sign at the door says it all!   Well, a personalized folder also helps!


Now for those of you who are about to tackle a weekend DIY project or a complete transformation with paints, I have good news for you.  Drop me a comment to tell me what paint projects you are about to start.  Two lucky people will win a fan deck from Sarah's Designer Palette and the inspirational booklet from Para!     

7 comments:

  1. Hi Tim

    Crossed fingers, hope I win! Now that the nice weather is here, I am perking up an old fence with stain - can't afford to replace it right now but I think that the blue/green colour that I have picked will do the trick. I am going to replace and beef-up the shutters on the front of my house and paint them the same colour and finish by painting the front door a smokey grey. This will have to do until I can do the reno that I have planned in my head! Love the papers that you show and the room that you did looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow Tim, I think you will feel a connection with my story. I am about to tackle a full renovation of a 1920's American Foursquare. Here is the kicker. I'm tackling the whole renovation keeping Sarah Richardson as my design inspiration from the first season of Sarah's House. She is, bar none, my favourite designer, and I do hope that I will do her proud. Keep up with the great posts!

    Tim C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tim,

    Great post! I love the idea of a one stop shop. I need to get up the courage to put wall paper up in my house.

    I love that Pop Flower fabric so I can't wait to see that chair finished!

    Working on paint colours for my deck and front door so this would come in very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've just moved into a new home, and plan to tackle the whole house! I have to figure out a good neutral colour to paint through the hallways and living room/kitchen -- its an open concept space, and what lively colours to add as accent walls. The Sarah fan deck would be amazing to help me decide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm about to paint my whole condo. We just moved in and it's in dire need of some help. Paint transforms wonderfully.

    I've always wanted a fan deck....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tim,
    Thanks for another contest. I will be painting my powder room in the next few months. The fan deck and booklet will sure come in handy :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have our Winners!

    The two lucky winners are randomly picked by Chris and they are:

    Trio and Meghan!

    Please email me your information through www.designmaze.ca and the Sarah Richardson's fan deck and inspirational booklet will be on their way to your home!

    ReplyDelete