Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Morba: Mid-Century Giant on Queen West

Morba, a furniture store filled with mid-century modern designs, has been an anchor on Queen West for many years.  I still remembered when the first time I stepped into Morba over 8 years ago was by fluke.  

My friend Queenie wanted to go to Romni Wools on Queen West and since Morba was just around the corner, we decided to go in for a look.  That, my friend, is one of the best decisions I've made to date!  It was a total "kid in the candy store" experience for me and I walked out with a pre-loved mid-century loveseat with black velvet upholstery and dark walnut legs.   

Over the years, Morba has also evolved from only housing pre-loved treasures to now carrying new pieces inspired by high-end designers including Charles & Ray Eames, Florence Knoll Bassett, Hans Wegner, and my new favourite, Tom Dixon.

Let starts with lighting.  I heart these pendants and would totally use them in my own place in a heart beat!

The classic atomic pendent with mouth blown glass bubble and the famous Artichoke lamp by Poul Henningsen in white. 


Model 2097 30 by Gino Sarfatti and the Beat series by Tom Dixon.


Looking for something with an industrial flare?  Look no further, these pendants are edgy and full of character.


The popular Random Light by Moooi and the stylish + flexible Tolomeo Floor Lamp.


Lighting aside, I love these Organic Chairs by Vitra and the Swan Easy Chair by Fritz Hansen.


Love the Franz Dining Table and this cube covered by denim.


Fun side table and clocks by George Nelson.



This lamp totally made me smile (in a good way) and who is kidding who, I love antlers!
 

So next time when you are in the Queen West/ Bathurst area, make sure you check out Morba!

No comments:

Post a Comment