Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Hit List: Wall + Floor & More

Inspired by all the fascinating designs at BLOGFEST and ICFF 2011, I went on a little quest for innovative products online and TA DA: Hit List is born!  For this first issue of "Hit List", I will share with you wall + floor coverings I crave and stylish + practical solution for seats!

You all know I love wallpapers and I sure do have a thing for those beautiful ones from UK companies including Cole & Son, Romo, and Osborne & Little.  Today, I DAYDREAM about this fun and playful paper by Julia Rothman for Hygge & West.



I have never been a big fan of using plates to decorate a feature wall ... until I saw one tastefully done by Sarah Richardson on Sarah 101.


and my knees were weak when I saw this wallpaper by Studio Ditte from Netherlands.


I love the vintage blue tableware with a Dutch flare!  Can't imagine how it looks like on your walls?  Check this out:
    


If vintage blue isn't your cup of tea, how about this contemporary master piece, Phenomenon, by Tokujin Yoshioka for Mutina.


I love the honeycombs, the texture, and of course it's in my favourite color, snow white.  While I was on Stonesource, I also checked out this "Folded" floor tile by Raw Edges.  Love the look ... will have to feel it and see how comfortable it's on feet.


We're all about green designs and being environmental friendly these days.  Jelinek Cork Group has combined style and practicality into this beautiful "pennie round" floor covering!  Easy to install and comfortable on feet ... a perfect weekend DIY transformation my friend.


For condo dwellers, space is at a premium with seating and storage being particularly important.  The ingenius furniture designer, David Irwin, has created this stackable side chair that's easy for the eyes and very friendly on square footage.


Now see these stylish chairs in action.


Here you have it: the first issue of my "Hit List".  Happy weekend everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim
    My heart jumped when i saw your delft plates. It was actually one of the pieces i have in my dining room to show you - i restyled an old pine hutch which was yellowing with age into a blue dutch style banquet and tiled it with original delft tiles. So if you ever need a source for delft porcelain, you come to me ;)

    I was telling chris to tell you to check out Pinterest.com - I'm on there and have pinned all of my inspiration pics, will upload my own pics as well when i get a chance. Take care!

    Michelle in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having so much fun in Germany! We will need to come visit your place when we are close by next time!! From what I have heard frOm chris, your house is amazing!

    Will check out pinterest! I have heard about it but haven't checked it out yet.

    ReplyDelete