Sunday, March 6, 2011

HomeSense: Waterloo Edition

If you have been reading my blog, you would know that I love to get the look for less.  Second-hand stores are great but HomeSense offers a great one-stop shop for anything to do with your home: whether it's spices for the kitchen, lighting in your bedroom, or planters or even water features for your garden. HomeSense has it all!  

Sadly I'm not the only person who loves HomeSense and in an extremely competitive market such as Toronto, many of the great deals get snapped up without even hitting the floor!  Maybe I shouldn't be letting you know this little secret, but if you happen to be in the Waterloo area, go check out this HomeSense location.  It has many items that were already sold out in Toronto and then some.  I'm excited to share some of my finds with you here.

For the Dining Room, I found this bold and bamboo trellis plate sets from Ralph Lauren and another serene set in aqua and it is made in England.


These fun authentic Marimekko's trays are only $9.99 each!


and how about this huge silver bowl (yes you can fit 4 to 6 potted orchids) with a hammered metal finish ($99.99) and this sleek slim table as sideboard in dining room for condo living ($249.99).



It is March afterall and of course, Outdoor furniture and patio decors have made their ways to HomeSense.
  

Love the casual look on these light-colored wood planters and check out these gorgeous planters from $12.99 to $16.99!



A whimsy chair for your balcony or patio ($59.99) and an outdoor rug with classic pattern for $49.99.  




Love the contrast between the crisp navy/white fabric and the natural weave on the basket ($9.99 to $14.99) and these great wire bins ($16.99) are a whole lot cheaper than other expensive look-a-like.
 
and if these are too "grown up" for you, how about these fun ones for the little ones:


Since I have a couple of projects on the go, I also looked for pieces that could work in their spaces.  Here are the ones that caught my eyes for the girl bedroom:


Playful and stylish mirror book ends ($12.99) and a tulip bud vase ($12.99) with a great glaze finish.


Love these lamps, possibly for bedside table: the grey one is $49.99 and the yellow hand-blown glass lamp is $89.99.  This retro desk lamp with a fantastic alabaster base for $99.99.


Resin outdoor stool ($39.99) doubles as bedside table and interesting art work ($199.99) for the girl bedroom?  Or a grouping of these for $24.99 a piece:


These candelabras also caught my eyes and they were marked down from $99.99 to $72!


These playful 5' x 8' rugs are 100% wools and are perfect for kids' rooms at under $200 each.


These 5' x 8' rugs, also 100% wool, are suitable for grow-ups and they are only $299 each.


The furniture pieces at HomeSense could be a hit and miss.  This time I found a very solid side table with a reclaimed wood finish ($59.99) and these occasional chairs upholstered in a trendy navy damask ($249.99).


After checking out all these fantastic deals, don't you wish you were in Waterloo this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. OMG, you found so much great stuff at this Homesense location!! I often have luck in the Peterborough store, so I always stop in when I'm home to visit my mom. I saw the RL Red Pagoda china there as well: http://bit.ly/gq2fcg
    I love the resin wicker table/stools and the rugs are fabulous!
    Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds Tim! I hope some of them made their way home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really great finds, I esp. love the whimsy chair!

    http://memyclothesni.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies,

    I did pick up those plates from RL. A bit expensive, so I now have 10 days to debate over keeping or returning.

    I also picked up a rug (not shown here) for the girl's room and it was 50% off! So it's 100% wool for $100 only. It has a more traditional feel to it (like some of the rugs from Pottery Barn) and it ties in to the smokey blue from the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim,
    found your blog from Cherish Toronto. GREAT eye, my friend. You are so talented. Looking forward to keeping track of you. Oh, and I'm a new follower! Welcome to the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Simply Brookes... I'm new to blogging too and have been having so much fun.

    more exciting blog entries coming up... be sure to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me want to go to Waterloo...

    ReplyDelete