Here are the before and after pictures:
Before: chunky leather couch + vertical blinds
After: couch with easily removable covers and well many more pieces ...
Front Door and Hallway:
Before: beige walls and not so good looking panel bi-fold doors
After: warm white walls to showcase artwork + bold colors at entrance
Hallway and Front Entrance
Before: trapped in the 80s
After: timeless- Light and Airy
Before: salmon walls and fixture
After: cheerful retreat..
Before: not sure if I want to go out...
After: moroccan getaway
The comments from most viewers were great and very encouraging (well except for one or two) ... but this experience surely makes me think twice about what do I want to do in the future! I certainly enjoy staying up to work on some crafty or decor projects alot more so than redoing the budget summaries for the 9th time!
Anyway, there were some questions from the viewers and thought I will response here on my blog:
1. Rug under the coffee table: Ikea (still available and is on the cover of its 2011 catalog)
2. Rug at balcony: customed by a friend of mine. Outdoor fabrics came from Designer Fabrics and a carpet padding was put underneath to give it some weight and for extra comfort. This approach is great to my book since I also had a hard time finding the rug in the size and pattern I like .... so I thought I will just get some outdoor fabrics and make my own.
Side note: I actually use it as my pilate mat as well.. it's more comfortable than my regular yoga mat!!)
3. Print on Blue wall: YES.... It's IKEA!!
4. Coffee Table: Caban. A store owned by Club Monaco and then Ralph Lauren.. . but RL discontinued Caban a few years ago. What a shame!! Loved that store.
5. Green Couch: A discontinued item from Ikea from at least 6 years ago. It also doubled as a single bed for over night guests. The best thing about this sofa is: the cover is very easy to change and a customed cover for this couch is only $100 (labour only)! The original cover from the sofa wasn't green but I do make new covers for different seasons and have so far created 4.
6. Accent Wall: it's SR25, Vista, by Sarah Richardson for Para paint. I've also looked at many blues before I landed on this. I love this color.. . it has a "heritage" feel to it due to its grey tone.
7. Photos: these after pictures were taken by me with my little Canon (nothing fancy)... I later on did have my photography friend came by to take more but the light was too bright for his set.. . so I submitted mine instead. The before pictures were taken from the MLS when I purchased my condo. .. so sorry, I didn't get to control the brightness aspects of these photos.
8. Location: this is Toronto!! now just how do you people figured that out??
update: here are a few closeup shots of the pillows in the living room ... fabrics were from designer fabrics or InVu ... yellow polka dot has been discontinued.
update: Apartment Therapy has declared this living room makeover the International leader of the 2010 Color Contest. Thanks everyone for your supports!